This latest release brings major enhancements to the Booking Engine Room Type Images, Booking Methods, Tape Chart View, Front Desk Layout, new Self Check-in features and more. We have also updated the Booking Engine design to meet ADA Compliance Standards. Read below for details and instructions on how to use these new features or go to MyPMS Release Notes - November 14, 2019.
Website Booking Engine
- A NEW Room Type "Image Slideshow" for the Booking Engine: Show an image slideshow on your Booking Engine. You can now add up to 20 images per Room Type to display on your Booking Engine. See Booking Engine | Image Slideshow. To use this new feature, all you need to do is add more images to your Room Types in Setup. see Add Room Type Images.
- ADA Compliance for the Booking Engine: Your Booking Engine now meets strict ADA Compliance Standards (Americans with Disabilities standards). Learn more at Booking Engine | ADA Compliance. As part of design implementation, we have provided an "ALT Tag "field for each Room Type Image in MyPMS, but the descriptive text must be entered by you in order to meet Compliance Standards. For step-by-step instructions on how to enter the descriptive text in the "ALT Tag" field for each Room Type Image, go Add Room Type Images.
Front Desk Dashboard
- NEW Dashboard Widget: We have added an new Dashboard Widget, "Today's Occupancy By Channel". See Admin | Front Desk - Page Layout
- Dashboard Layout: The MyPMS Front Desk dashboard has a new look! We have realigned the 'Front Desk Widgets' to provide a streamlined look by updating the "Admin - Front Desk Layout" to make it easier to add and reorder widgets. If you haven't customized your Front Desk Dashboard yet, learn how at Admin | Front Desk - Page Layout
Tape Chart, Booking By Availability and Book By Inquiry
- Tape Chart - NEW! View Rates: You can now view all of the Rate Plans available for a Room Type right on the Tape Chart. Just click on the date and when the New Booking pop-out displays, click the new "Rates" button to see a list of Rates. See Tape Chart - New Booking
- Tape Chart "Room Details" Pop-out: We have streamlined the Room Details window and added the 'Room Type' description, amenities, max occupancy and notes to make it easier to see room details when making a booking. See Room Details
- Booking By Availability- NEW "View Rates": We have added a "View Rates" option to Booking By Availability giving you the ability to view the Standard Default Rate for the the Room Type on any selected dates. See Booking By Availability
- Booking By Inquiry: The Book By Inquiry page has been updated to make booking by Rate Plan, Room Type and Source easier. We added more Room Type Details to the "View Details" pop-out, as well. See Booking By Inquiry
Room Type Multi-image Upload: We have added a multi-image function to the Room Type Images for the new Image Slideshow on the Booking Engine and upload to Airbnb (subscription required) and reformatted our image upload function to include "ALT Tags" for ADA Compliance.learn how to add multiple images to the Booking Engine. see Add Room Type Images.
- New Upload method: You can now upload or drag and drop an image.
- Room Type Images: We have added instructions, new image size requirements and a "Help" link to the Room Type Images page in Setup.
- Update Labels on Room Type Images: The labels on the Room Type images have been updated and now includes an "Image Description" which also serves as the ALT TAG for your images.
- Items Included Report: We have added a new Report for Rate Plans with Included Items: You can now create a Rate Plan with an "Included Item" from your Inventory Items List. Each of these Rate Plans will display one Rate to the Guest and account for Room Rent and any 'included' Inventory Item separately in a Report. This is perfect for Rate Plans that include a breakfast charge; or rental units that include a cleaning fee, as example. To learn more, see Items Included Report.
- In-house Guest Ledger and; In-House Reports: We have added totals to the columns to both of these Reports. See Daily Reports.
NEW! Self Check-in Features: We have added new features to the Self Check-in System. The Self Check-in system includes automatic messaging, payment authorization, Esign – Digital Document Signing (optional), and room specific information allowing detailed room access instructions. Learn how to setup and use Self Check-in.
- Front Desk Bookings and Group Booking 'Rooming List': Add "Exempt Booking From Self Check-in" and "Exempt Booking From E-Sign" flags on the Booking Data, New Booking, and Group Booking Rooming windows. Self Check-in | eSign Exempt
- Arrival Time: We have added the ability to control Self Check-in for each guest using the arrival time. See Self Check-in | Booking Criteria
- New "Add Payment" Method: You can now use a payment method in specific 'Self Check-in' bookings to require guests to add a payment method (usually a credit card, but not always) for incidentals prior to allowing Self Check-in. See Self Check-in | Booking Criteria
MyGuest Enhancements: We heard that properties wanted to receive email notices when Requests were submitted - by Staff and/or Guests - and thus are now sending an email to the main property email' set in MyGuest to receive emails of all new request submissions.
We are pleased to announce that the following software bugs were fixed in this release:
- Booking By Inquiry Allowing Bookings When No (Zero) Avail
- Booking By Inquiry Not Showing Package Rate Allocations to Type
- Booking By Inquiry Images Need New Image DB Values
- Book By Inquiry "Show Restricted Rates " doesn't work
- Fixed the Deposit Total Payment Page for Multi-room Booking of Same room type
- Fixed the posting of add-ons to every booking folio in Multi Room Bookings on the Booking Engine.
- Fixed issue with Extra Adult and Children Charges not calculating correctly on Booking Engine bookings.
- Fixed No Availability for these dates [ search for another day ] link not working
- Fixed issue with long "live" guest look-ups require return key to select and ignores left mouse click
- Fixed Company Live flag
- Fixed issue with folio transaction modify "pencil icon"
- Fixed issue with multi clicking on an empty TC cell opening booking above.
- Easy Search on guest last name needs to include Mobile number
- Fixed issue with Users with 'NO' for Overbooking Privilege able tp overbook without any warnings.
- Resolved issue with assigning two bookings to same room.
- Fixed Package Rates not adding Items to Folio when booking added via Rooming List
- Fixed issue with Search Bookings : Group Name search returns ISE
- Resolved issue preventing removal of past room days when extending a booking
- Resolved issue room type for "Today" is overflow you cannot assign a type at all for today on the edit screen
- Added feature when pressing 'Send SMS' check for Mobile number to catch errors
- Deposit Quote using ADR when Manual rates used
- Fixed AR Invoice description "select all" doesn't work
- Occupancy report ADR and value by room type not correct when rent is modified.
- Fixed format of Transaction Report landing page.
- Fixed "Modify Auth" button for Swiped Credit Cards In the Manage Credit Cards screen.
- Fixed issue with "Modify Auth" button not displaying for saved credit cards.
- MyPMS Multi Lingual bkgtabs window> Edit Tab not translating
- Added Sat and Wed translations for Spanish only
- Fixed issue with same day XMLBE Bookings sending Default "Start Self Check-in" Email and SMS
- Fixed issue with Front Desk Bookings getting 2 "Start Self Check-in Start" Emails same Day Arrival
- Fixed issue with Self Check-in Start SMS sent to bookings with no phone number entered in Booking Data AND to one phone number
- Fixed "Quick Search" not working on front desk with new widget sizes.
Read more »
BookingCenter - Airbnb Interface
Take Direct Bookings from Airbnb. Automatically update listing, rates and inventory.
BookingCenter is now officially certified in most expansive two-way Airbnb Interface available. This new, fully-integrated solution includes support for building your Airbnb listing(s), editing listing(s), removing listing(s), managing rates and availability, bookings, taxes, and all Guest messaging (when using MyGuest). BookingCenter has the most complete Airbnb interface integration that is possible, making this valuable channel easy to manage from within your BookingCenter tool.
- Automatic booking import, synchronized availability and rate updates. If you're working with our OTA Channels, then it works the same way as your Expedia, Booking.com, and website connections.
- A Marketing Profile in Airbnb for each Room Type in BookingCenter. But due to how we implemented seamlessly managing Listing(s),
- Messaging between Guests and Host
- Taxes pass-through (which is complex for Airbnb hosts, especially when they have Listings in various tax jurisdictions), this interface goes beyond other OTA Channels
- This interface allows you to have separate profiles for a variety of accommodation types. Booking details and all Guest Messaging can still be found in the Airbnb app or website, but all messages and updates to/from Guests will automatically be entered into your MyGuest Concierge System.
Whether you already have an existing Airbnb profile or want to create a new one, we can assist in synchronizing this with your BookingCenter product.
To sign-up or learn more about how BookingCenter can help you make the most of your Airbnb listing submit a support ticket or give us a call +1-707-872-3922 Ext. 202.
Getting started is easy! Learn how to Set up and Manage your BookingCenter - Airbnb Module
Read more »
MyPMS Release Notes - August 13, 2019
This latest release brings major enhancements to the Booking Engine, Self Check-in features, SMS Messaging options, Rate Plan attributes and more.
NEW SERVICE! BookingCenter 'Ultimate' Channel Manager Program
As an owner of specific unit(s) at a condo, hotel or any other type of non-traditional lodging, you now have access to the BookingCenter Ultimate Channel Manager, the premier Channel Manager and Concierge system to help you manage day–to–day bookings, control rates and availability and manage Online Distribution Channels such as Expedia, AirBnB, Booking.com and others. All while seamlessly working with the HOA and 'front desk' staff.
NEW Direct Connection! AirBnB Two-way Interface
BookingCenter is now officially certified in most expansive two-way Airbnb interface available. This new, fully-integrated solution includes support for building your AirBnB listing(s), editing listing(s), removing listing(s), managing rates and availability, bookings, taxes, and all Guest messaging (when using MyGuest). BookingCenter has the most complete AirBnB interface integration that is possible, making this valuable channel easy to manage from within your BookingCenter tool. If you're working with our OTA Channels, then it works the same way as your Expedia, Booking.com, and website connections with automatic booking import, synchronized availability and rate updates, a marketing profile in AirBnB for each Room Type in BookingCenter. But due to how we implemented seamlessly managing Listing(s), Messaging between Guests and Host, taxes pass-through (which is complex for AirBnB hosts, especially when they have Listings in various tax jurisdictions), this interface goes beyond other OTA Channels This interface allows you to have separate profiles for a variety of accommodation types. Booking details and all Guest Messaging can still be found in the AirBnB app or website, but all messages and updates to/from Guests will automatically be entered into your MyGuest Concierge system. Learn more about the new AirBnB Interface, including setup and pricing. Contact us to get started!
NEW FEATURES! MyPMS, Booking Engine, and Self Check-in
- Booking Engine - Custom URL (links) for Availability, Rates, Sources, and Market Codes: The BookingCenter XML Booking Engine can now be used to deliver selected rates and availability, or track marketing programs, by creating unique URLs. Learn how to use Custom URL Links.
- There are several unique parameters that can be used in the URL string to deliver specific rates and availability as follows:
- Promo Code: Promo codes are used to access a "channel" with a unique set of room types and rates. Use Promo codes for specials, discounts, negotiated rates, etc. I.e. RETURN. Learn how to Setup Promo Codes
- Agent: Create an Agent and set up a "channel" with a unique set of room types and rates only available to that agent. See Agent URL Links
- Room Type: Insert a Room Type ID into the URL and availability will only display for the selected Room Type. See Custom URL Links
- Source: Used to track bookings by a specific Source. Adding this parameter to the URL will automatically import the selected Source with the Booking. See Booking Engine | Custom HTML
- Guest Type/Market Code: Used to track bookings by a specific Guest Type or Market Code. Adding this parameter to the URL will automatically import the selected Guest Type with the Booking. See Booking Engine | Custom HTML
- Multiple Room type Images: We have added a multi image function for Room Type Images images for export to selected direct connections. See Room Type Images.
- Search Bookings: We have added the "PO Number" as searchable field in "Search Bookings". The PO Number field can be custom labeled and used for any code, coupon or other guest details you need. Learn how to customize Booking Labels.
- Self Check-in Features: We have added new features to the Self Check-in System. The Self Check-in system is completely automated and includes automatic messaging, payment authorization, Esign – Digital Document Signing (optional), and room specific information allowing detailed room access instructions. Learn how to setup and use Self Check-in.
- "eSign Required": You can now enable eSign Digital Document Signing as a required part of the Self Check-in process. This setting will automatically send a request for digital signature and can <optionally> become a requirement for Self Check-in. See: Self Check-in Settings for details.
- "eSign Requested":You can enable eSign Digital Document Signing as a request for Self Check-in. This setting will automatically send a request for digital signature. See: Self Check-in Settings for details.
- "Self Check-in Exempt": This new flag allows you to exclude a selected booking from the automated Self Check-in process. The flag is located in the Booking Data Tab of each booking. See Booking Data
- "eSign Exempt": This new flag allows you to exclude a selected booking from the required Digital Signature at Self Check-in. The flag is located in the Booking Data Tab of each booking. See Booking Data
NEW! SMS Text Messaging Option: SMS Messaging is now available to use for website booking confirmations, allowing you to send SMS 'confirmation' text message to Guests when a booking is made via your booking engine.See SMS Module for pricing and to get started with SMS Messaging. See Default Letters
Item Analysis Report: We have added "Transaction Category" and "Transaction Type" as sort options for the Item Analysis Report. You can can easily create a report for specific items. You can now use the Item Analysis Report to track items with $0 applied on folios. This is useful for tracking Inventory items that are not sold, but just tracked for purposes such as Housekeeping, Maintenance, etc. See Item Analysis Report.
- Rate Plans (Included Items): You can now create a Rate Plan with an "Included Item" from your Inventory Items List. Each of these Rate Plans will display one Rate to the Guest and account for Room Rent and Inventory Item separately in a Report. To learn more, see Default Rate Plan Included Items
We are pleased to announce that the following software bugs were fixed in this release:
- Fixed issue with preventing removal of past room days when extending a booking.
- Fixed Display of "Show Restricted Rates" in Book By Inquiry.
- Cannot Edit/Change Expedia and Booking.com Room Type IDs.
- Deposit Quote using ADR when Manual rates used was errant and is now fixed.
- Resolved error with saving a file as a .CSV when using Search Bookings.
- Resolved error with "Group Name" search when using Search Bookings.
- Resolved error with “Created on Start Date” and "End Date" when using Search Bookings.
- Fixed issue with all known countries not showing in drop-down menu of a New Booking.
- Resolved issue with the "We are sorry, No Availability for these dates" message on XML Booking Engine.
- Resolved issue with Users who had 'NO' for Overbooking Privilege able to overbook without any warnings.
- Fixed issue with multi-clicking in an empty Tape Chart cell.
- Fixed "sort by Room" on Departures Quick Search.
- Fixed landing page on Transaction Report.
- If room type for "Today" is overflow (ie": Room Type: Overflow) you could not assign a type for today on the edit screen.
- Fixed "select all" on AR Invoice description.
- Increased number of Auto Letters allowed from seven to as many as needed.
- Fixed in the Booking Engine, when Multi-Room Bookings of 4 or more bookings of the same Type, it imported only three bookings.
- Fixed issue on Front Desk Search causing ISE (internal server error).
- Resolved issue with Booking Comments not importing into MyPMS from Booking Engine bookings.
Read more »
MyPMS Software Release
TONIGHT! Sunday, August 11, 2019 at 10:00 PM PDT (California Time)
This release brings major enhancements to the booking process in MyPMS, new Self Check-in features, bug fixes and more. The release is scheduled for Sunday August 11, 2019 at 10pm PDT (Pacific Time) and service downtime will be no more than 120 minutes. After the release on Sunday, we will send details and instructions on how to get started with the new enhancements and services.
There is nothing you need to do to prepare for this update; however, we do recommend printing out any registration letters for guests checking-in late. Please note that during this time, the following services will be offline and not available, so please plan accordingly.
- MyPMS customers please take note: This downtime WILL affect your Property Management System, as the system will NOT be available during this period. North America and European customers, please schedule your Night Audit accordingly, and be sure to print out all necessary reports (we recommend any non-arrived guests to have their Registration Letters printed, for example) before 10 PM PDT (California Time) Sunday night. Southern hemisphere customers should consider printing Folios for departing check-outs, as this may impact your ‘check out’ hours.
- Desktop Property Management System updates will not work.
- The Booking Engine (what we sometimes refer to as the ‘Request Server’) will be unavailable during this time.
- Credit card processing via MyCard and AuthorizeNet will be unavailable during this time.
Total downtime is expected to be no more than 120 minutes. A reminder of the scheduled downtime will be posted for all MyPMS Users on the Front Desk under the "System Messages" area prior to service interruption. We appreciate your understanding of this inconvenience, and are here to answer any questions at: https://support.bookingcenter.com/ and +1-707-874-3922 Ext. 202.
- GDS/OTA updating and booking retrievals will cease during this time, but activity that occurs on these sites will continue and will be sent to you when the system is restored.
REMINDER: After a MyPMS new software release, it is a good idea to clear your website browser cache. Typically, browser cache issues can affect the ability of MyPMS to perform certain tasks which can be easily fixed by clearing the cache in your browsers. See Clear Browser Cache
Read more »
eSign - Digital Document Signing
We've integrated it right into the booking process, streamlining check-in for your customers and staff
eSign is fully-integrated with MyPMS and ready-to-use!
Learn how to use eSign
eSign is fully integrated with your PMS and ready-to-use - at no additional cost to you! Save time, speed up the check-in process, improve record keeping and free up time for your staff by sending - and receiving - digitally signed documents, stored with the booking.
Getting started is easy! Create and send a Digital Signature Letter right away using our default Letters section.Learn how to use eSign
If you have any questions or need assistance using eSign, submit a support ticket or give us a call +1-707-872-3922 Ext. 202.
Read more »