New Services, Direct Connections, Features and Enhancements in 2019
As we kick off the new year, we wanted to take a moment to highlight a few of the major enhancements and new features added to MyPMS this year. If you haven't had a chance to try all of the new features and functions added in 2019, we have put together a list of highlights with links to step-by-step instructions below. Let us know if you have any questions, we would be happy to help. We look forward to an exciting 2020 with more enhancements, integrations, features, tutorials and webinars!
- Mobile Self Check-in: We have added new features to the Self Check-in System includes automatic messaging, payment authorization, Esign – Digital Document Signing (optional), and room specific information allowing detailed room access instructions. It is fully integrated with MyPMS for “real-time” booking and status updates. Self Check-in | MyBooking Learn how to setup and use Self Check-in.
- MyCard EMV: EMV® chip card processing is now available to your busines and fully integrated with MyCard, making setup easy and seamless. If your property takes primarily "card present" payments onsite at the front desk, restaurant or gift shop, then EMV is right for you. Learn more about MyCard EMV.
- SMS Text Messaging: SMS Messaging is now available to use for website booking confirmations, allowing you to send SMS 'confirmation' text message to Guests when a booking is made via your booking engine.See SMS Module for pricing and to get started with SMS Messaging. See Default Letters
- MyGuest - Mobile Mobile App: BookingCenter's MyGuest now comes with a downloadable iOS /Android app for key staff for immediate alerts via ‘push’ notifications of new incoming guest requests. Enables you to monitor your guests’ requests in real-time while roaming the property or from anywhere via your smart phone.Download on the App Store or get it on Google Play. .Learn more about the MyGuest App
- MyGuest - Self Check-in Integration: MyGuest is completely integrated with the MyPMS booking process: Self Check-in, eSign and SMS Messaging. Get alerts when a guest checks-in, signs a document, or is SMS messaged for a 'same day booking/arrival'. Learn more about Self Check-in | MyGuest Integration
- BookingCenter "Unit Owner Connect" Program and "Owner Channel Manager Program: Give Owners of specific unit(s) at owner of specific unit(s) at a condo, hotel or any other type of non-traditional lodging the ability to manage day–to–day bookings, control rates and availability and manage Online Distribution Channels such as Expedia, AirBnB, Booking.com and others. All while seamlessly working with the HOA and 'front desk' staff.
NEW DIRECT CONNECTIONS
- AirBnB Two-way Interface- BookingCenter is now officially certified in most expansive two-way Airbnb interface available. This new, fully-integrated solution includes support for building your AirBnB listing(s), editing listing(s), removing listing(s), managing rates and availability, bookings, taxes, and all Guest messaging (when using MyGuest). BookingCenter has the most complete AirBnB interface integration that is possible, making this valuable channel easy to manage from within your BookingCenter tool. If you're working with our OTA Channels, then it works the same way as your Expedia, Booking.com, and website connections with automatic booking import, synchronized availability and rate updates, a marketing profile in AirBnB for each Room Type in BookingCenter. But due to how we implemented seamlessly managing Listing(s), Messaging between Guests and Host, taxes pass-through (which is complex for AirBnB hosts, especially when they have Listings in various tax jurisdictions), this interface goes beyond other OTA Channels This interface allows you to have separate profiles for a variety of accommodation types. Booking details and all Guest Messaging can still be found in the AirBnB app or website, but all messages and updates to/from Guests will automatically be entered into your MyGuest Concierge system. Learn more about the new AirBnB Interface, including setup and pricing. Contact us to get started!
- TripAdvisor InstantBooking - We are excited to announce that we have added TripAdvisor's InstantBooking to the BookingCenter- TripAdvisor Module. The new InstantBooking feature lets guests book directly on the TripAdvisor site just like other OTA connections such as Expedia or Booking.com. InstantBooking is the 'commission' option that TripAdvisor offers in lieu of the TripConnect 'CPC' (cost per click) model, so a property can choose one or the either. As a Certified TripAdvisor Partner, BookingCenter offers a seamless connection with synchronized availability and rate, room allocation control, and instant booking. Learn more about the TripAdvisor Module
- GuestCentric Direct Connection - We are excited to announce that we have added a direct connection to GuestCentric platform. This new connection offers a seamless connection with synchronized availability and rate, room allocation control, and atuomatic booking import. Contact us for pricing and to get started.
MAJOR MyPMS ENHANCEMENTS
Website Booking Engine
- NEW Room Type "Image Slideshow" for the Booking Engine: Show an image slideshow on your Booking Engine. You can now add up to 20 images per Room Type to display on your Booking Engine. See Booking Engine | Image Slideshow. To use this new feature, all you need to do is add more images to your Room Types in Setup. see Add Room Type Images.
- ADA Compliance for the Booking Engine: Your Booking Engine now meets strict ADA Compliance Standards (Americans with Disabilities standards). Learn more at Booking Engine | ADA Compliance. As part of design implementation, we have provided an "ALT Tag "field for each Room Type Image in MyPMS, but the descriptive text must be entered by you in order to meet Compliance Standards. For step-by-step instructions on how to enter the descriptive text in the "ALT Tag" field for each Room Type Image, go Add Room Type Images.
- Booking Engine - Custom URL (links) for Availability, Rates, Sources, and Market Codes: The BookingCenter XML Booking Engine can now be used to deliver selected rates and availability, or track marketing programs, by creating unique URLs. Learn how to use Custom URL Links.
Rate Plans, Letters and Housekeeping Features
- Rate Plans (Included Items): You can now create a Rate Plan with an "Included Item" from your Inventory Items List. Each of these Rate Plans will display one Rate to the Guest and account for Room Rent and Inventory Item separately in a Report. To learn more, see Default Rate Plan - Included Items
Housekeeping Feature - Set the Say Over (S/O) Value: Long Term Stay properties often will only perform a Stay Over (S/O) clean on every x night of the stay. The MyPMS system allows you to set this 'Cleaning Interval' so that the S/O value will apply, for example, to every 3rd night of the stay. Make your custom setting for the 'Cleaning Interval' in the General Setting area.
- Default Letters for Email and SMS: The Default Letters section now displays in a new tab to the right of the Letters tab. It is used to select the "Letters" used for automated email and SMS functions, such as the confirmation email sent when an online booking is made, a Self Checkin arrival is due; an e-Sign Letter is required, etc. Learn more about the new Default Letters Section.
- New Auto Letter Events and Merge Fields for Letters: Three new Auto Letter Events for Email and/or SMS Text Messaging. See Add or Edit SMS Letters
Front Desk Dashboard
- Dashboard Layout: The MyPMS Front Desk dashboard has a new look! We have realigned the 'Front Desk Widgets' to provide a streamlined look by updating the "Admin - Front Desk Layout" to make it easier to add and reorder widgets. If you haven't customized your Front Desk Dashboard yet, learn how at Admin | Front Desk - Page Layout
Tape Chart, Booking By Availability and Book By Inquiry
- Tape Chart - NEW! View Rates: You can now view all of the Rate Plans available for a Room Type right on the Tape Chart. Just click on the date and when the New Booking pop-out displays, click the new "Rates" button to see a list of Rates. See Tape Chart - New Booking
- Tape Chart "Room Details" Pop-out: We have streamlined the Room Details window and added the 'Room Type' description, amenities, max occupancy and notes to make it easier to see room details when making a booking. See Room Details
- Booking By Availability- NEW "View Rates": We have added a "View Rates" option to Booking By Availability giving you the ability to view the Standard Default Rate for the the Room Type on any selected dates. See Tape Chart View Rates
- Booking By Inquiry: The Book By Inquiry page has been updated to make booking by Rate Plan, Room Type and Source easier. We added more Room Type Details to the "View Details" pop-out, as well. See Booking By Inquiry
- Items Included Report: We have added a new Report for Rate Plans with Included Items: You can now create a Rate Plan with an "Included Item" from your Inventory Items List. Each of these Rate Plans will display one Rate to the Guest and account for Room Rent and any 'included' Inventory Item separately in a Report. This is perfect for Rate Plans that include a breakfast charge; or rental units that include a cleaning fee, as example. To learn more, see Items Included Report.
- In-house Guest Ledger and; In-House Reports: We have added totals to the columns to both of these Reports. See Daily Reports.
Item Analysis Report: We have added "Transaction Category" and "Transaction Type" as sort options for the Item Analysis Report. You can can easily create a report for specific items. You can now use the Item Analysis Report to track items with $0 applied on folios. This is useful for tracking Inventory items that are not sold, but just tracked for purposes such as Housekeeping, Maintenance, etc. See Item Analysis Report.