MyPMS Release Notes - August 13, 2019
This latest release brings major enhancements to the Booking Engine, Self Check-in features, SMS Messaging options, Rate Plan attributes and more.
NEW SERVICE! BookingCenter 'Ultimate' Channel Manager Program
As an owner of specific unit(s) at a condo, hotel or any other type of non-traditional lodging, you now have access to the BookingCenter Ultimate Channel Manager, the premier Channel Manager and Concierge system to help you manage day–to–day bookings, control rates and availability and manage Online Distribution Channels such as Expedia, AirBnB, Booking.com and others. All while seamlessly working with the HOA and 'front desk' staff.
NEW Direct Connection! AirBnB Two-way Interface
BookingCenter is now officially certified in most expansive two-way Airbnb interface available. This new, fully-integrated solution includes support for building your AirBnB listing(s), editing listing(s), removing listing(s), managing rates and availability, bookings, taxes, and all Guest messaging (when using MyGuest). BookingCenter has the most complete AirBnB interface integration that is possible, making this valuable channel easy to manage from within your BookingCenter tool. If you're working with our OTA Channels, then it works the same way as your Expedia, Booking.com, and website connections with automatic booking import, synchronized availability and rate updates, a marketing profile in AirBnB for each Room Type in BookingCenter. But due to how we implemented seamlessly managing Listing(s), Messaging between Guests and Host, taxes pass-through (which is complex for AirBnB hosts, especially when they have Listings in various tax jurisdictions), this interface goes beyond other OTA Channels This interface allows you to have separate profiles for a variety of accommodation types. Booking details and all Guest Messaging can still be found in the AirBnB app or website, but all messages and updates to/from Guests will automatically be entered into your MyGuest Concierge system. Learn more about the new AirBnB Interface, including setup and pricing. Contact us to get started!
NEW FEATURES! MyPMS, Booking Engine, and Self Check-in
- Booking Engine - Custom URL (links) for Availability, Rates, Sources, and Market Codes: The BookingCenter XML Booking Engine can now be used to deliver selected rates and availability, or track marketing programs, by creating unique URLs. Learn how to use Custom URL Links.
- There are several unique parameters that can be used in the URL string to deliver specific rates and availability as follows:
- Promo Code: Promo codes are used to access a "channel" with a unique set of room types and rates. Use Promo codes for specials, discounts, negotiated rates, etc. I.e. RETURN. Learn how to Setup Promo Codes
- Agent: Create an Agent and set up a "channel" with a unique set of room types and rates only available to that agent. See Agent URL Links
- Room Type: Insert a Room Type ID into the URL and availability will only display for the selected Room Type. See Custom URL Links
- Source: Used to track bookings by a specific Source. Adding this parameter to the URL will automatically import the selected Source with the Booking. See Booking Engine | Custom HTML
- Guest Type/Market Code: Used to track bookings by a specific Guest Type or Market Code. Adding this parameter to the URL will automatically import the selected Guest Type with the Booking. See Booking Engine | Custom HTML
- Multiple Room type Images: We have added a multi image function for Room Type Images images for export to selected direct connections. See Room Type Images.
- Search Bookings: We have added the "PO Number" as searchable field in "Search Bookings". The PO Number field can be custom labeled and used for any code, coupon or other guest details you need. Learn how to customize Booking Labels.
- Self Check-in Features: We have added new features to the Self Check-in System. The Self Check-in system is completely automated and includes automatic messaging, payment authorization, Esign – Digital Document Signing (optional), and room specific information allowing detailed room access instructions. Learn how to setup and use Self Check-in.
- "eSign Required": You can now enable eSign Digital Document Signing as a required part of the Self Check-in process. This setting will automatically send a request for digital signature and can <optionally> become a requirement for Self Check-in. See: Self Check-in Settings for details.
- "eSign Requested":You can enable eSign Digital Document Signing as a request for Self Check-in. This setting will automatically send a request for digital signature. See: Self Check-in Settings for details.
- "Self Check-in Exempt": This new flag allows you to exclude a selected booking from the automated Self Check-in process. The flag is located in the Booking Data Tab of each booking. See Booking Data
- "eSign Exempt": This new flag allows you to exclude a selected booking from the required Digital Signature at Self Check-in. The flag is located in the Booking Data Tab of each booking. See Booking Data
NEW! SMS Text Messaging Option: SMS Messaging is now available to use for website booking confirmations, allowing you to send SMS 'confirmation' text message to Guests when a booking is made via your booking engine.See SMS Module for pricing and to get started with SMS Messaging. See Default Letters
Item Analysis Report: We have added "Transaction Category" and "Transaction Type" as sort options for the Item Analysis Report. You can can easily create a report for specific items. You can now use the Item Analysis Report to track items with $0 applied on folios. This is useful for tracking Inventory items that are not sold, but just tracked for purposes such as Housekeeping, Maintenance, etc. See Item Analysis Report.
- Rate Plans (Included Items): You can now create a Rate Plan with an "Included Item" from your Inventory Items List. Each of these Rate Plans will display one Rate to the Guest and account for Room Rent and Inventory Item separately in a Report. To learn more, see Default Rate Plan Included Items
We are pleased to announce that the following software bugs were fixed in this release:
- Fixed issue with preventing removal of past room days when extending a booking.
- Fixed Display of "Show Restricted Rates" in Book By Inquiry.
- Cannot Edit/Change Expedia and Booking.com Room Type IDs.
- Deposit Quote using ADR when Manual rates used was errant and is now fixed.
- Resolved error with saving a file as a .CSV when using Search Bookings.
- Resolved error with "Group Name" search when using Search Bookings.
- Resolved error with “Created on Start Date” and "End Date" when using Search Bookings.
- Fixed issue with all known countries not showing in drop-down menu of a New Booking.
- Resolved issue with the "We are sorry, No Availability for these dates" message on XML Booking Engine.
- Resolved issue with Users who had 'NO' for Overbooking Privilege able to overbook without any warnings.
- Fixed issue with multi-clicking in an empty Tape Chart cell.
- Fixed "sort by Room" on Departures Quick Search.
- Fixed landing page on Transaction Report.
- If room type for "Today" is overflow (ie": Room Type: Overflow) you could not assign a type for today on the edit screen.
- Fixed "select all" on AR Invoice description.
- Increased number of Auto Letters allowed from seven to as many as needed.
- Fixed in the Booking Engine, when Multi-Room Bookings of 4 or more bookings of the same Type, it imported only three bookings.
- Fixed issue on Front Desk Search causing ISE (internal server error).
- Resolved issue with Booking Comments not importing into MyPMS from Booking Engine bookings.