Customize a POS Receipt Letter to email or print from your House Accounts Folio to your POS printer. This new Letter Type, called “POS”, is used in conjunction with the Print/Email function in the House Account. The POS Receipt is a Letter and is viewed and edited in the Setup area. See Add Letters and, Customize and Edit Letters.
To view and edit your POS Receipt. Go to SETUP | PARAMETERS | LETTERS and choose the POS Receipt Letter. You can then customize the Receipt with Merge Fields.
How to use Merge Fields
- Open Letter: choose the Letter you want to edit by clicking on the Letter I.D. The Letter will open in an Editor.
- Editor Toolbar: The toolbar at the top has many features you can use to customize your Letter including Merge fields used to place booking, financial and guest information from your records and transactions.
- BookingCenter "globe" icon: To see a list of merge fields, click on the the in the top left corner of the editor.
- To insert the value of the merge field you want, place your cursor at the location in Letter you want it to appear. Then, click on the desired value from the merge fields list.
- To change or edit your Merge fields in the Letter, highlight the field and click on the BookingCenter "globe" icon in the top-left of the editor. Choose the new field from the drop down menu and it will replace the highlighted field.
Merge Fields available for POS Receipt Letter. See below for details on each field.
- Today's Date: Displays the current date.
- Hotel Details - Inserts Hotel details: Entered in SETUP|SETTINGS|SITE DETAILS
- Details - Inserts financial information from the Payment Information and Folio of Booking Data
- Marketing and Policies - Inserts information from Marketing and Policies. SETUP|SETTINGS|MARKETING AND POLICIES
The tables below lists all current Merge Fields that may be used in creating POS Letters.
Entered in SETUP|SETTINGS|SITE DETAILS
|Hotel 800 Phone
|Hotel Main Phone
Marketing and Policies
Entered in SETUP|SETTINGS|MARKETING AND POLICIES
|Thank you Message
Data taken from folio transactions.
|Display all Folio Items
|Folio Charges Total
|Folio Payments Total
|Tax 1 Rate % (Primary)
|Tax 2 Rate % (Secondary)