The Folio is a powerful and flexible tool for applying charges and payments to a customer's bill. Each Individual and Group booking has a Folio Tab in the Booking Screen. All Charges and Payments will appear in the Primary Folio and can be modified easily. Please see the MyPMS Users Manual detailed information and instructions on how to use the features of the Folio.
There is a two column reporting system for payments and charges in Folios. Next to each transaction you will see two icons: Modify (change $ amount of transaction) and Delete (deletes transaction from folio)
Charges and Payments: The two column format allows you to see each charge or payment as a line item with a corresponding $ amount in the Charges or Payments columns. The total of each column is shown at the end with the Cusomter balance shown at the end of the Folio. A positive balance indicates an $ amount due. A negative balance indicates a credit balance due to a prepayment or deposit.
Modify and Delete Icons: Click on each icon to either Modify (change $ amount of transaction) or Delete (deletes transaction from folio)
The following are the main functions of the Folio:
- Choose Folio: If multiple folios have been setup additional folios are selected via this drop down box. By default the primary folio is always shown on the folio screen.
- Add New Folio: The system supports multiple folios and allows the user to split charges by inventory type across multiple folios if desired.
- Folio Setup: Allows editing of folio name(s) and comemnts as well as managing which inventory items are assigned to folios.
- Print Folios: Opens the current Folio in a new window formatted for printing.
- Folio to Excel: Allows exporting and saving of the folio to Excel.
- Check-in: Checks the guest in. This button will only be visible able to be checked in and the arrival date on or prior to (for late check in) the system date.
- Check-out: Checks the guest out. This button will only be visible if the guest is currently checked in and the folio has a zero balance.
- Cancel Booking:Cancels the booking.
- Clone Booking: Clones all booking information from the Guest Detail to create a new Booking
See MyPMS Users Manual for detailed instructions on each of these functions.
MyPMS Folio - Top Help Articles
How do I Transfer Payments between two bookings not in a group?
Transferring Postings (Charges and Payments) Between Folios
Manually Dating Items / Charges to a Folio