There is an easy way to restrict access to Setup and Reports by User. A User Role provides specific access to Reports and Setup Functions.
In your MyPMS, go to Setup|Users, then either click on the name of an existing User and choose a Role from the drop-down menu. Or, assign the Role when adding a new user.
User dependent restrictions:
- Allow manual entry of Rates: Allows user to manually change a Rate.
- Allow Overbooking: This allows the user to book beyond your current availability. Recommended setting is "No"
- IP filtering: Restricts login access to property IP address. This is property dependent. Recommended setting is "No" until your IP ranges have been set in the system. For more details see: Setting IP filtering access restrictions to users
System restrictions by User Role:
- Manager: Full access to all Setup functions and Reports.
- Sr. Night Auditor: No access to Setup. Full access to all columns of Reports.
- Night Auditor: No access to Setup. Access to only first 4 columns of Reports.
- Front desk: No access to Night Audit or Setup. Access to only the first 3 columns of Reports.
- Housekeeper: Access only to the Housekeeping section, Daily, and Housekeeping Reports.
For more information on Reports, go to: What reports can I run in MyPMS?