If one wished to Place a Cleaning or Meal Plan fee(s) into a Rate (common requests fro our customers), there are a few ways to do it:
- If the Cleaning fee is for tracking purposes only, and is already embedded into the Rate, then the easiest way is to use the 'Include Items' approach that is defined here. But this assumes the Rate has the price for the ‘fee’ built-in, and there is no need to make a specific Folio Charge. Basically, you wish to have a simple way to track Cleaning fees for specific bookings.
- If the need for price variation exists, ie, in one Room you want a $35 cleaning fee applied to the Rate, but another Room requires a $65 cleaning fee AND/OR you want the fee added as a Folio Charge to the booking, then you must use the Package Module to achieve this.
In the case of the Package approach, the steps are as follows:
- Make sure you have purchased the Package Module for your property. Contact us if you need this for your property.
- Figure out the Items you are goin to need included in your Packages. See: Adding and Managing Items for help doing this.
- Build the Package Rate you need for each ubique Item you want, making sure to get the descriptions, "from" "to:" (when it's available) and other aspects of the Package correct. This is when you will add the Items you created in Step 2 above. Make sure to get the price correct when you add Item(s) to the Package.
- Once you have the Packages built correctly, you need to need to allocate them to where you want them booked, and with the correct Room Types you want them made available. See: Allocating Packages for details on doing this. You llikely will want your website (usuallly Agent: BC) and front desk (Agent: MYPMS) as places these Packages can be booked.
- Make some test bookings and watch how the Items that were included in the Package get posted to the Folio and affect the Rate. You can cancel your bookings after fine-tuning this.
For more help understanding Packages, see the "Packages - Top Help Articles" page.