BookingCenter provides an API (Application Programming Interface) to interact with our Property management Systems and our Central Reservation Service. The XML we provide allows us, or your developer, to create your own unique 'wrapper' (or 'web service') to replace our Booking Engine entirely for your website or to develop your own specific applications (such as kiosks or mobile apps). The method of interfacing is a SOAP XML web service allowing for:
- Our SOAP WSDLs are compatible with Microsoft's .NET platform and NuSOAP (the PHP variant for SOAP). Options exist for other development platforms, but we support these.
- No restrictions on server implementation, as it has no impact on client.
- SSL security certificate needs to be mainatined by the XML developer, as the 'host' website where shopping and transactions occur is the website serving the web pages and not BookingCenter's secure server. The communication between the XML developer and BookingCenter, however, does take place over secure SSL communication.
- The XML Service supports multiple search criteria such as availability, rates, rooms, packages, amenities, activities, etc.
- Availability is data is taken from data coming from any Desktop Pro, MyPMS, or Management Tool customers.
We have a series of knowledgeBase articles at: https://support.bookingcenter.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/List/Index/8/xml-team that can help you get going and 'scope' out the development of an XML web services project using BookingCenter. BookingCenter will only provide general support for a webmaster who attempts the XML web services. But BookingCenter can be hired to develop a custom 'Booking Engine' or other application. Just contact us at: http://www.bookingcenter.com/contact to request a quote after you send us a 'wire frame' and/or diagram of your intended screens and detailed functionality. We need a detailed description of what you want prior to quoting a price or time estimate.
In order to examine the BookingCenter API documents, you will need to download the NDA (non disclosure, available at: http://files.bookingcenter.com/API_use_NDA.pdf, sign it and email it to email@example.com or fax it to us at +1-718-228-5959 (please append a note telling us which BookingCenter customer you are working with). We will then send the appropriate documentation, login and info for you to test your code against our 'Test System' (if your customer is there), and then release to our production systems once readied.