Insufficient Memory Available Error Message
When opening your BookingCenter Desktop Software, if you get this message: "Quitting Omnis due to unrecoverable error: Insufficient memory available DMFVAL2.cpp:536 "
It is recomended that you Re-install your Desktop Software.
Please follow the following Helpdesk Article to Reinstall your software.
Go to http://downloads.bookingcenter.com/ and download a new version of BookingCenter, but before you install it, copy your / BookingCenter Images/ and your data file to a place when you can put it BACK into BookingCenter once you've installed the new version. We don't want you to over-write your BookingCenter file when you do the re-installation, so please MAKE A COPY before proceeding.
Also please note. An active support contract is required to download software.
Here's the steps to take:
1) Download the new version of BookingCenter and save it on your computer.
2) Copy your / BookingCenter Images/ and your data file to a place where it is safe. Also, copy any other file you have placed in your / BookingCenter / folder that you need to save.
3) Throw the whole BookingCenter folder (C:/ BookingCenter / on Windows or Applications | BookingCenter on Mac OS X) to the trash
4) Follow through with the file you downloaded and re-install BookingCenter. If on a Windows 7 or Vista PC make sure you right click on the installer and left click on 'Run as Administrator'
5) Copy the your / BookingCenter Images/ and and your data file into the new BookingCenter folder at C:/BookingCenter/ on Windows or Applications | BookingCenter on Mac OS X.
6) Launch BookingCenter. Register it as per your registration details - these were sent to you earlier.
7) Once in BookingCenter, go to the FILE menu
Choose Change Datafile
Find your customized datafile and double-click it. Now you have the correct datafile loaded and ready to use!
Now, go back to the FILE menu
Choose Change Datafile
Highlight the custom datafile you want to launch as the default (ie, each time BookingCenter launches)
Click the “Default” button and BookingCenter will ask if you want to set this datafile as the default. Click "Yes" and it is done.
Close the Change Datafile window by clicking the close button