During the transition to the new MyPMS, previously entered credit card data could not be moved due to credit card security and encryption rules. We manually entered credit card numbers for the first few days of your bookings from old logs.
There are three common situations where you might need the credit card that was used to "Guarantee'"a booking:
- At check-in. Please get credit card info from your guests at checkin by either swiping or manually entering them when they come to check-in. Your guests should not be inconvenienced by this.
- A Guest calls, emails, or inform you that they need to cancel their booking and you need to charge them for a "cancellation" fee (or some other charge). Since the card they originally used to guarantee their booking is no longer available, please request the credit card info from your guests during the interaction that they wish to use for the "cancellation fee" and manually enter it to apply the payment
- A Guest does not show, and you wish to charge them a "cancellation fee". In this event, the card they originally used to guarantee their booking is no longer available. You have two choices:
- Contact the Guest to request the credit card info that they wish to use for the "cancellation fee" and manually enter it to apply the payment.
- Visit http://support.bookingcenter.com/ and click New Ticket to request the credit card info for the specific booking. We can search past logs and un-encrypt the original credit card used as the "Guarantee By" to get it for you. Please make sure to provide the Booking Confirmation number, the guest's name, and arrival date. We will then enter the credit card onto the actual Booking and alert you via the HelpDesk when it's ready for you to charge whatever you wish.
Thank you for you patience and understanding during this transition. In the new MyPMS, we have implemented much tighter credit card protections as part of the PCI requirements for credit card management. This upgrade will protect us all from credit card misuses going forward.